Social Media How-To Guide For Restaurants & Cafes
How do you grow online without any marketing budget for your restaurant or cafe?
With social media! That’s how.
You don’t need a marketing budget to grow your online presence.
Don’t underestimate the power of your regular customers, because these guys are your biggest brand ambassadors.
And leveraging social media allows your customers to promote your brand for free!
They’ll share about your restaurant or cafe to their friends and family, and then they’ll talk about you to their friends, and so on and so forth, and that’s how your business will keep growing organically!
Today I’ll be teaching you how to set up your own social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram, and I’ll also be giving you a list of do’s and don’ts so you can maximise the growth of your online brand, completely FREE!
Set Up Your Profile
If you don’t have a Facebook account, create one by downloading the Facebook app if you’re using a phone, or if you’re on desktop, go to www.facebook.com.
Set Up Your Business Page
Next, you want to create your business page to make it easy for people to find you online. Just click here and follow the steps provided. You can add info to your page by:
- clicking ‘About’ on the left side of your page
- click ‘Edit Page Info’
Make sure that you include essential information about your business like:
- contact information (phone number, address etc.)
- your business opening hours
- website (add your beepit.com link if applicable)
Click ‘Save Changes’, then you’re done.
Once your page has been created and you’ve filled in your info, you’re already ahead of most businesses who don’t have an online presence whatsoever!
If you don’t already have one, create your IG account.
Download the app if you’re using a phone, or go to www.instagram.com if you’re on a desktop.
Alternatively, you can also sign up with the Facebook account you just created.
After setting up your Instagram account, make sure you include essential information about your business in your bio such as:
- business name
- your product / service
- contact information (phone number, address etc.)
You can do this by going to your profile and clicking ‘Edit Profile’ (refer to image below for an example).
If you have a beepit.com URL, you can add it in the website section.
With Instagram, you can make it easy for people who are on your page to order from you by adding a Food Orders or Gift Card Action Button.
We’ve written a blog post on how to do so, here.
And if you also want to add your beepit.com link on Google, click here to learn how.
Now as promised, here are some important tips you should follow if you want to manage your social media platforms effectively:
- Have a Profile Picture. Having a formal profile picture helps your business to be perceived as professional and trustable. This makes a big difference when you’re competing with every other business online.
- Fill out your Bio for your business on all social platforms. This may seem trivial but it is essential so your customers know who you are. Don’t be afraid to show some personality in your writing. It makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Make sure you fill out all your contact information. Make it easy for customers to contact you. This is the fastest way for you to start making sales as you switch your business to online.
- Let them know that you offer Delivery services like Beep Delivery. This is probably the most important step. Customers will never buy from you if they don’t know that you offer the service. You can even post a step-by-step guideline on how to do it.
- Be polite when customers are communicating with you – whether it’s on public posts, or in private messages, even when they are being rude themselves. People will appreciate your business more for it.
- Do not be rude in the comments regardless of the circumstances, even if you are right. It’s not worth the potential backlash and ruins your reputation. It’s extremely difficult to delete something from the internet, once it’s out there.
- Don’t keep your customers waiting. Respond in a timely manner, just as if you were to serve them when they are in your store. Your customers will appreciate it, and this is how you stand out from the crowd, online.
- Don’t take it easy once your social media accounts have been set up. It is not enough to just have social media, your job is not done. You have to post consistently to keep your audience engaged and updated. Every viewer out there is a potential customer for your business.
- Don’t lose focus. This is a new way of doing business. It may be very different from what you were doing just weeks ago. But this is right now, the only way you will be able to survive the lockdown, by making sure that customers know that you are still open and serving. The way to do that is to be active on social media while everyone is indoors.
If you’re a StoreHub Beep Delivery user, you’ll have access to pre-made image templates which you can use right away.
If you need image templates to inform your customers about your delivery service, just contact your Customer Success Manager and they will provide the made-for-you templates which you can use immediately.
Already provide delivery service, but want to update your customers that you are now on Beep Delivery?
No worries! We can provide you stickers that you can add to your delivery orders or packaging so that your customers know they can order with you via Beep Delivery.
Earn more money now without having to pay up to 35% of margins per sale!
Click here to learn how StoreHub can help you manage and grow your business.