MCO 2.0: What Does It Mean For Your F&B Business
From January 13th to 26th January 2021, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and 4 other key areas will be placed under the Movement Control Order (MCO) once again.
What does MCO 2.0 mean for F&B businesses in Malaysia?
- No dine-ins allowed
- No interstate and inter-district travel
- No social gatherings
- Roadblocks will be mounted – movement will be limited to a 10km radius
- Only 2 people per household allowed per vehicle
- Only 2 people allowed to head out to purchase groceries and necessities
- Non-essential services staff to work from home
- Eateries and hawker stalls may operate but only take-aways allowed
- Food delivery services allowed
How can your F&B business survive MCO 2.0?
Here are two main things your F&B business should offer:
- Contactless payment and ordering for walk-in/dine-customers
- Food delivery
If you haven’t already set up these two critical things from the previous MCO, it’s time to do so now!
As we’ve seen from 2020, the MCO in Malaysia will continue to change and evolve depending on the number of COVID-19 cases, so it’s best that you stay prepared at all times.
1. Food delivery is critical for survival
But what have we learnt in the previous lockdown?
When customers can’t come to you, YOU should bring the food to them!
With food delivery:
- Customers can order from the comfort of their home
- There will be reduced human activity in your outlet
- You’ll have the ability to serve customers that can’t travel to your outlet
Looking for a delivery platform that’s quick and easy to set up?
Beep Delivery is here to help!
With a 20km delivery radius, Beep Delivery solves the problem of reaching inter-district customers as it allows you to serve them without distance limitations.
Not only that, but it’s an affordable platform to replace Whatsapp/Call-in orders that won’t charge up to 35% in transaction fee!
2. It’s time to enable contactless ordering
It’s no surprise that people will be uncomfortable going out or coming into close contact with others.
When customers come in for a quick takeaway, touching things that other people have touched will also be a big no-no.
This means that having a contactless ordering and payment system is more important now than ever!
How do you do this?
Benefits of QR order and pay:
- Customers and staff can avoid touching menus, bills, and receipts
- Automated and easier way of collecting and tracking customer names and phone numbers for contact tracing and customer loyalty program
- Cashless and contactless payment
- Reduced contact between customer and staff
- Less back and forth movement between tables and kitchen
- Faster and smoother ordering and payment process
Stay safe #KitaJagaKita
The reality is, not every F&B business will thrive.
But to help you have the best chance of survival, we’ve come up with a checklist of 7 ways to save your F&B business sales!